Tea is the second most popular beverage in the world behind water. It is naturally free of calories, sugar, fat, and it is also flavorful. Tea is so popular for its potential support as a medicinal aid.
Depending on the tea blend, your cup of tea may provide support for sleep, anxiety, energy levels, a healthy heart, and relief from general discomfort in the gut, and joints and muscles, to name just a few of the many potential benefits.
To start enjoying these potential benefits, take a minute to read this article to learn about how adding herbal ingredients to your tea helps to provide optimal medicinal support, and why buying from brands that prioritize quality is so important.
Tea Ingredients and their Potential Medicinal Benefits
White, yellow, green, oolong, and black tea are types of teas that are harvested from a species of plant referred to as Camellia sinensis or the Camellia assamica variant. The differences between teas largely comes down to the amount of oxidation in the leaves and how the leaves are processed.
Once you’ve chosen your tea, add one or more of the below popular ingredients to provide additional flavor and the following potential medicinal support:
- Chamomile – Stress, sleep, digestion, and the skin.
- Lemon Balm – Anxiety, stomach and esophagus comfort, and cold symptoms.
- Chai – Energy levels and digestion.
- Matcha – Detoxification, the immune system, energy, and metabolism.
- Kava – Menopausal symptoms, cramps, muscle pain, and the brain.
- Turmeric – Healthy inflammation response, the immune system, and joints.
- Nettle – Respiratory function, sinus comfort, and the inflammation response.
- St. John’s Wort – Mood and behavior, brain health, and menopausal symptoms.
- Spearmint Leaf – Bad breath, digestion, blood health, and comfort during pregnancy.
- Valerian Root – Pain, mood health, fatigue, and sleep.
- Bilberry – Detoxification, eye health, the immune system, and joints.
- Peppermint – Energy, respiratory function, circulation, and the immune system.
- Lemongrass – Cholesterol levels, the immune system, digestion, and detoxification.
- Kombucha – Gut health, bowel regularity, and the immune system.
Teas that contain these and other ingredients are often referred to as “blends.” You can make your own by shopping your local grocer for loose tea leaves and the powdered or whole parts of the above herbal ingredients. You can also shop from trust brands that specialize in producing the highest quality teas possible.
Buying Teas from Trusted Brands
Brands like Mountain Rose Herbs and Yogi Tea are the best sources for tea because they adhere to strict guidelines for where the tea plants should be grown and how they are harvested packed, handled, and stored. This helps to ensure the quality and potency of each tea.
If you have already made the switch to tea and are looking to try something new, give Mountain Rose Herbs and Yogi Tea a try. If aren’t drinking tea yet and aren’t sure where to start, check out these brands and discover why tea is so popular!